These tasted so good! My only mistake was that I bought beef ribs instead of pork so they were really fatty. That kind of grossed me out but it definitely won't keep me from making this again. (Next time with pork of course)
3 lb. pork loin back ribs
2 tablespoons instant minced onion (I substituted onion powder)
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 medium onion, sliced (I omitted)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
1. Spray inside of a 5- 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray
2. In small bowl, mix instant minced onion, mustard, red pepper, allspice, cinnamon and garlic powder, Rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and sliced onions in slow cooker. Pour water over ribs.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
4. Remove ribs from cooker; drain and discard liquid from cooker. Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl; dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs in cooker. Por any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 1 hour.
- from Betty Crocker Cookbook pg. 158